April 10, 2015
On April 10, 2015, the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives (CCPA) released its living wage report, "Making Ends Meet: Toronto’s 2015 Living Wage."
According to the report, the updated living wage for Toronto is "based on the needs of a family with two parents and two young children ages 7 and 3. Each of those parents needs to earn $18.52 per hour, and work 37.5 hours per week, in order to afford the basics in life in this very expensive city."
Read the report here.
Read some media coverage about the report here:
- Ramada employee strike ends
July 26, 2012
- On strike for fairness! 120 Ramada workers in Regina enter seventh week of strike
July 18, 2012
- Support campus food service workers in Toronto! Sign the petition!
March 22, 2012
- Metropolitan Hotel workers in Toronto fighting for good, stable jobs
June 16, 2011
- UNITE HERE and Workers United/SEIU reach settlement in Ontario
March 8, 2011
- UNITE HERE Local 75 Members Ratify New Contract at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto
January 14, 2011
- Remembering Frank Joseph Grella
December 1, 2010
- Delta Chelsea workers ratify new contract
November 8, 2010
- Delta Chelsea workers reach tentative agreement
November 6, 2010
- Delta Chelsea workers on strike!
October 27, 2010